Many Christians hate the idea that they have actions that support and promote Satan, but they do. Satan, who is smarter and has been around the block longer than any living Christian, uses the Bible to twist messages about God's love and judgment.
His greatest tools within the church are:
- Misunderstandings caused by man-made added words,concordances, and incorrect translations
- Not understanding Hebrew traditions, customs, mores, and early Hebrew language (even the Greeks misunderstood and made up words to describe some Hebraic Torah concepts.)
- The devil is always working and succeeding by tempting us into judgment
- Getting us to think "actions" will make us more righteous: "If I do this or get others to do this, then I'm a better Christian" Our righteousness is as filthy rags and we can not "earn" our way into salvation.
How can we guard against allowing the devil to use the very word of God against us?
- Remember we are all sinners saved by His (God's) grace (Eph 2:8-9)
- Remembering the basic saving message: We are all sinners, Jesus' blood is what covers our sin, repent( means turn away) from our sin, ask Jesus (Yeshua) into our hearts, claim him as our personal Savior.
Everything else we do to honor Him is a fruit of our faith, and those practices should not be used to condemn others if they do not practice them themselves.
Let God be the judge at the time of judgment. All Christians have a hard enough time just keeping the Ten Commandments, which again God knew we couldn't keep, but they are to act as a mirror to show us our sinful selves, and remind us as to why we each need the gift of God, our Savior, Jesus Christ. He paid it all.
I pray we can all work together, to bring others into a personal relationship with God, through Jesus. If we work at this basic truth, there will not be the interest in the paranormal that exists today, as a personal relationship with our Creator trumps seeking after a relationship with perverted fallen angels, demons, witchcraft, i.e. all other forms of the supernatural.