Per your request from some of you I will give some more examples of possible side effects from a demonic attack. There are many of them but I will name a few before getting into the subject at hand.
1. A compulsive desire to blaspheme God
2. A revulsion against the Bible, including a desire to tear it up or destroy it
3. Compulsive thoughts of suicide or murder
4. Deep feelings of bitterness and hatred toward others without reason - Jews, other races, church, strong Christian leaders
5. Any compulsive temptations that seek to force thoughts or behavior that the person truly does not want to think or do
6. Compulsive desires to tear other people down, even if it means lying to do so; vicious cutting by the tongue
7. terrifying feelings of guilt even after honest confession is made to the Lord
8. Certain symptoms that may appear suddenly or leave quickly and for which there are no physical or physiological reason; symptoms such as choking sensations, pains that seem to move around and for which there is no medical cause, feelings of tightness about the head or eyes, dizziness, blackouts, or fainting seizures
9. Deep depression or despondency
10. Sudden surges of violent rage, uncontrollable anger, or seething feelings of hostility
11. Terrifying doubt of one's salvation even though they once knew the joy salvation
12. Seizures of panic or other fear that is terrifying
13. Dreams or nightmares that are of a horrific nature and often recurring; clairvoyant dreams that may even come true are most often demonic
14. Abnormal or perverted sexual desires
15. Questions and challenges to God's Word
16. Sleeping or eating disorders without physical cause
17. Most compulsions and obsessions
18. Rebellion and hatred for authority
19. Bizarre terrifying thoughts that seem to come from nowhere and cannot be controlled
20. Fascination with the occult
21. Involvement in criminal activity
22. Extremely low self-image (unworthy, a failure, no good, constant undermining.
Remember these are just more that I could think of but their are many other signs out there and they can be very subtle which is very scary.
Now let's discuss the subject at hand:
The first goal of demons in my opinion is to prevent us from receiving God's love and ever lasting life in Heaven..getting saved. Their sneaky are to attempt to get people to turn away from God. They do this through many forms of temptation, harassment, and also from distorting The Word Of God. Demons lie to us and work hard on our minds so that we are lying to ourselves and thinking awful things of our self worth and our ability to do things right. And pleasing to,God.
Another form of attack is accusation and criticism. Demons will interject condemning thoughts into the minds of believers. They absolutely love to conjure up the past with thoughts of, “You really failed at so much..” or “You really messed up”. Demons are on a mission to destroy us. They work together and strategize. They go after our weaknesses especially times when people are physically and/or emotionally weak. They attempt to affect all areas of a person’s body, soul, and spirit. They don’t play fair.
We know that we are made up of body, soul and spirit. Again the soul in itself is made up of mind, will and emotions. Becoming a believer means we must have surrendered our will to the Lordship of Jesus Christ our savior. But the mind and emotions, we might not have fully surrendered to our Lord. In these circumstances either knowingly or unknowingly we are allowing the devil to have a legal hold on our mind or emotions.
There are several ways by which demons oppresses people. Afflict: To inflict something hard to endure. Harass: To annoy or disturb persistently, to wear out by frequent attacks. Influence: To exercise indirect power over in order to sway or affect. Oppress: To lower in spirit or mood. Torment: To cause severe suffering of body or mind. Torture: To punish or coerce by inflicting excruciating pain. Worry: To disturb one or destroy one’s peace of mind by repeated or persistent torment. Wrong: To inflict injury on another without justification.
A demon can keep you in chains and isolate you by attacking the mind. That is the devils playground. But God has the final say and power to end it all. Rev 20:10 and the devil who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Demons are not God but sometimes they become the object of worship. Behind every idol, there is a demon or an evil spirit. Sometimes we cherish certain beliefs which are not true. This can become a form of idolatry.
Psa 106:37 They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons.
God's Angels Are Invisible But Everywhere
God has had angels specifically assigned to supervise and protect his Church throughout all of its history (Revelations 1:4, 16, 20; 2:1, 8, 12, 18; 3:1, 7, 14). He has angels who are to always walk through the earth to watch and report back to him the overall conditions on earth (Zech 4:10; II Chron 16:9; Revelations 5:6). And God has angels specifically assigned to look after his begotten human children (Mattew 18:10 Acts 12:15). God promises: “For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways (Psalms 91:11).” Angels are Good spirits that can manifest them self into a physical body. Good spirits linked to The Holy Spirit always speak the truth. Angels are everywhere my friends. God has us under protection.
In Job 38:4, 7, God is speaking specifically of the creation of earth. He says all the angels shouted for joy at the creation of the earth. This shows us that angels were created before the creation of the earth and probably before the material universe. The suns, planets and astral bodies are material substances. Angels are individually created spirit beings, composed solely of spirit.
Written By Jennifer L Auld