By Kirby Robinson
Over the next few weeks, we'll be building a case against the credibility of the claims concerning the Long Island Medium, Theresa Caputo. For the past few years, she has become America's so-called number one medium. Nowhere has she ever claimed to be a psychic, as those claims can easily be disproven. Also, the Long Island Medium is now claiming she is never wrong.
Americans are embracing psychics and mediums. Go to Google and type in psychics and mediums-- you could spend 8 hours a day for a year, and never visit every site on the Internet.
You can spend hundreds to thousands of dollars getting a phone reading, Skype, and in person readings. You can attend gallery readings, which is a group reading, and you're not even promised to receive one bit of information from the other side.
Sylvia Browne is the former number one psychic of record who has been featured on Larry King Live and appeared frequently on The Montel Williams Show. Ms. Browne has more than 50 books in print, 21 books in audio format, and all her so-called nonfiction titles can't stand a serious test of legitimacy. For example, her book "Afterlives of the Rich and Famous" is impossible to fact check—she can make up any story. And she does---as her books are simply flights of fantasy and fiction.
Why is this? Why has the public become so accepting of these modern day snake oil salespeople?
- Rejection of God's message and embracing a feel good new age false religion.
- Uncertain times force people to find sanctuary in something. Some find it in drugs while others find it in people who will tell them what they want to hear.
- Searching for the truth about life after death. Going by what the psychics and mediums say, we can live any way we want. We can do anything we want. We can think any way we want to and sin any way we want to. If we accept their words, whether written in a book or spoken on TV, there will be no price to pay. There is no hell, no punishment -- just a bright and sunny afterlife.
- A society should embrace a learning process. Now, everything is spoon-fed to us. Our ability to think, question, and engage in a scientific manner has been reduced. If anyone on TV says it is so, then it is so. If I read it on the Internet, it is so. If some "expert" appears for a few minutes on Oprah or Ellen and says it is so – then it must be so.
Like every other medium and psychic out there, The Long Island Medium is a fake. She feeds on the emotionally needy and the spiritually insecure. Like all the others, she increases her bank account by tricking her audience that she has all the answers. She convinces her cult-like followers that she has something called "the spirit" that feeds her the information that you crave.
When I go to funerals, you won't see me cry. It's not that I am heartless. It's due to my faith. I know the saved have gone on to heaven. Why? Because that is what my faith teaches me. When the unsaved die, they made the choice to go to hell. No matter how many prayers one would say, no matter if some church baptizes them after death, that is where they are going. It is clearly stated that way-- no doubts, no worries. But so many new age "thinkers" are left in doubt. So, the new agers must turn to a medium to find out where they are at and are they all right?
The Long Island Medium talks to "SPIRIT." [Some Christians might say that is a demon feeding her information as they point out she never talks about angels, she never sees God, only mentions "a God" and the word Jesus never crossed her lips -- and they might be right].
What I've seen of her readings and our investigation into her televised Florida road trip, we uncover her so-called talent for talking to the dead.
Let me share a video from the show "LIVE! with Kelly and Michael" of a reading she did with the audience and show how she tricks the audience.
Notice she's working with an audience of over 150 people. Medium or not, you can safely ask:
- Who here lost a child?
- Who here lost a husband, wife, parent, sibling, or a grandparent?
- Who here lost a baby?
- Who here lost someone to cancer, AIDS, heart attack, car accident, etc.
You're going to have hands shoot up because these things happen. They're fairly common so you're going to get it right.
When they go out looking for an audience to fill their studio they tell people who the guest is so she knows why people are there.
Earlier on, she had a long string of misses and she had to come up with an explanation for it. She claimed it was confusion in interpreting the signs that she received.
She goes for "who over here has lost a husband?" and she sees several admitted widows. Notice that she goes over to an older female time. Cue violins, it's time to yank the heartstrings. The next step is to go into her cold readings mode, asking questions in such rapid-fire fashion you fail to notice Theresa isn't really telling her anything but simply asking questions.
Once she starts talking to the woman start counting the seconds.
- She says, "People leave this world in many different ways." The purpose of that statement is to fool the audience into believing that Theresa is knowledgeable in the ways of the spirit world. Listen to what comes up next.
- Theresa complements the woman for all the unselfish things she did. That is what the widow wants to hear. Have you ever heard a medium say, "Hey stupid, your husband says you were a lousy mother, couldn't cook worth a damn, were lousy in the sack and I couldn't wait to die!"
- Have you been counting? If you have, then ask yourself how could she be talking to the spirit of the dead man and never get a name from him? When she starts to miss with the food questions, she has to cover her tracks. These are signs and symbols she gets. She isn't wrong only responding to the symbols that she's seen.
- She quickly breaks it off and goes to her next reading. In reality, this isn't a reading but an endorsement of her abilities. She tries, but fails, to get the audience to laugh. Again, no name is given.
- She tells the group that things she says might apply to them even though she isn't looking at them. This gives the audience a false sense that they got something from the session. In reality, they got nothing.
- She talks about a "blood illness" that is head to toe and has something to do with the liver. Anatomy 101—blood circulates throughout the entire body. All blood illnesses are head to toe and all blood diseases impact the liver.
- She then asks who is being tested for other illnesses? That's a very safe one to toss out as people are always being tested for something.
- She talks about the blow to the chest cause in death. It doesn’t pertain to those she reads for but it applies to those seated on the other side of the studio. Then it goes from a blow to the chest to her father died in front of her. The great message is don't feel bad about it! Who wouldn't feel bad about something like that?
Next week we finish this group fiasco and start on our Florida road trip debunking claims of legitimate readings given by Theresa Caputo.
Issue 119 - The Case Against Theresa Caputo the Long Island Medium - Part 2
Issue 119 - The Case Against Theresa Caputo the Long Island Medium - Part 2
|Available in eBook and paperback formats|
The EYE ON THE PARANORMAL wants you as a blogger!
Want to join the best team of paranormal reporters? Do you want your blog to get hits and comments? If so, you can blog for us as we have spots open. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep current and follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/eyeonparanormal
EARN EXTRA MONEY! If you have a website, forum or blog you can set up an Amazon Associates Affiliate Program link and sell the Kindle version of NEVER MOCK GOD: AN UNAUTHORIZED INVESTIGATION INTO PARANORMAL STATE’S “I AM SIX” CASE [also in paperback!], INVESTIGATING PARANORMAL STATE, PARANORMAL STATE EXPOSED and PARANORMAL TEACHINGS: THE BEST OF SHEDDING SOME LIGHT and earn money. You can also sell other books and products that Amazon offers. Here's the link https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/