Symptoms of Spiritual Pollution, Part 1
In our continuation of the blog on spiritual pollution I will cover the aspects of our houses and thus our property. Sadly, in our current society today many Christian homes are spiritually polluted (defiled) which demons flock to. This gives reason as to why so many husbands, wives’, daughters’ and sons are alcoholics, drug abusers, verbally abusive, or physically abusive. To add insult to injury, many of the homes contain the rosary which is professed by Catholics during prayer work. If you are not aware the rosary represents many different prayers unto the dead (including saints). Thus praying to dead human beings to intervene on our behalf spiritually as well as the saints is an abomination to the Lord and this is “Spiritism.”
Notice that in these homes a cross is present but the cross is empty today with no broken body of Lord Jesus (which is considered a torture device). This pattern is becoming more and more prevalent in our homes as well as churches. Images or sculptures of the Virgin Mary, the black Madonna, and the “Saints” etc. also give rise to Idolatry. Gifts of discerning of spirits are very much needed here, but with spiritual pollution occurring the Holy Spirit will flee. There is a huge difference between a demonic visitation and a demonic habitation. Unfortunately many people do not understand the difference between these two aspects.
So what then is a spiritual housecleaning? This is a devotion or pledge to God to renounce all the "garbage" in your life. However many people will not do this for they feel they have earned the right to hold onto this "garbage" for it is what made them who they are. The sources of spiritual pollution are listed as an example below:
1) Things related to heathen worship (Voodoo dolls, spirit masks, snakes, dragons, thunder birds, phoenixes, etc...).
2) Things related to past sin (necklace, love letters, photos).
3) Things with unknown history, (dedicate them to the Lord, pray about them. If problem persists, get rid of it).
4) Things that have become gods in our lives: (Collections, antiques, clothing, money, jewelry, etc…).
5) Ouija board (also known as a witch’s board).
6) Games such as or the like of Dungeons and dragons, Masters of universe, Pokemon (pocket – monster) and certain video games with witchcraft references, extreme violence, demonic or occult entities and images.
7) Buddhist, Hindu or other eastern worship artifacts.
8) Certain indigenous art or pagan worship items, Egyptian ankh (the cross with a loop on top).
9) Items related to Satanism, witchcraft, New age, Yoga, Unity, Zodiac, Crescent moon, crystal ball, pyramids, ancient obelisks or the Asherah poles of old testament, martial arts, judo karate.
10) Things related to astrology, horoscopes, and geomancy, Edgar Cayce, Jean Dixon.
11) Comic books, Rock posters, hard rock, music and materials with obvious images of darkness.
12) Pornographic materials of any kind, (including any explicit sexual videos, books, cable and satellite TV channels and Internet sites.)
13) Art with obvious demonic representations, such as: snakes, spirits, death, gargoyles, skulls and dragons etc.
14) Material related to Mormonism, Jehovah Witness, Unity church, Scientology, ancestral worship, Northern Mythology, Islam, Rosicrucianism, Zen, Hare Krishna, etc.
15) Things related to secret societies like Freemasonry, Eastern Star, Knights of Malta, Skull and Bones, Illuminati, etc.
16) Certain children’s books or movies, such as Harry Potter, which encourage children to seek access to spiritual power unauthorized by god.
17) Good luck charms. Amulets, fetishes.
18) Masonic rings, Masonic aprons, books or rings oriental, yin and yang symbols, fortune telling with tea leaves, tarot cards, talisman, etc.
19) Movies with occult messages, extreme violence, excessive foul language or explicit sexual content.
20) Books, novels that focus on sensuality or death and destruction.
21) Masks - death, demons, witches, etc.
22) Halloween: origin is the Celtic festival of Sanhedrin, Lord of death and evil spirits. To please the wandering spirits black sheep, cats, horses, human beings were offered as blood sacrifices thus candy has replaced the offering.
All of us want to have our homes to be spotless and fine. However, what we should have a desire for is our souls to be spotless and fine. Scripture states in 1 Corinthians 3:16 (KJV) "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" The purification process according to the Holy Bible is as follows that we are to put away the leaven. Leaven in scripture is referenced as sin, evil or false doctrine.
Objects of idolatry in our found in homes are a curse. Deuteronomy 7:25-26 "the graven images of their gods shall you burn with fire. You shall not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor takes it unto you, lest you be snared therein. For it is an abomination to the Lord your God." v/26 "neither shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be a cursed thing like it, but you shall utterly detest it and you shall utterly abhor it, for it is a cursed thing."
As stated I would provide the 7 steps to purification and here are the seven steps to purification:
1. Present yourself before the Lord for His inspection! Self-evaluation is not enough and is deceitful. Do as David did, he prayed, “Search me oh God, and know my heart, try me and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Ps. 139: 23-24.
2. Sanctify yourself. Cleanse your home of pornography and sin, defiled literature as well as movies. Sanctification is to be set aside for God as for his purpose.
3. Locate the offensive items to God. Achan's sin was located to the ground in his tent, with the silver (50 shekel) underneath.
4. Rid yourself of those things that defile. Remove anything that relates to the occult, heathen worship and to sin, and destroy them.
5. Be serious about it. Don’t allow your children, husband or wife to pollute, defile the house/home. Stop them and be very determined.
6. Renounce the enemy and your association with him. Break any contract or unholy ties. Renounce out loud and boldly. Repeat this renouncing for every item and every person involved.
7. Finally, consecrate your life and property to the glory of the Lord. Some Christians choose to anoint the house with oil as a symbol of the Holy Spirit. This is called a prophetic act.
Thus as Lord Jesus stated that in extremely grave cases prayer and fasting is required. Mark 9:29 (KJV) “And he said unto them, this kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.” I pray this shares light into your realm as to why these "unholy entities" are upon those who are not purified with the Lord Jesus and thus are spiritually polluted individuals. God's blessings and prayers that some of you will turn from your ways and hear the call that Jesus asks us to do to become spiritually pure.
Rev. Bradley Luoma, Exorcist