The Oregonian, May 17, 2013
By Nancy Haught
A creature of lists, I've come up with five things I learned during his visit:
1. His official Twitter account, @DalaiLama, has, as of today, 6,997,345 followers. He follows 0.
2. He sleeps the way I dream of sleeping ("eight, nine hours" a night). He eats the way I wish I ate (breakfast and lunch, no dinner, sometimes in the evening "two biscuits") and meditates more than I'll ever manage (five hours each morning).
3. His quotations are deceptively simple: tiny words convey big ideas too large to embrace with ease: "Compassion is the key factor to one's own well-being . . . . We are social animals . . . . those dogs always barking often remain lonely."
4. There can be calm in the eye of a storm: Amidst constantly shifting timelines, barking dogs, the steely gaze of cookie-cutter security agents, standing ovations and awkward bows, the Dalai Lama moves unperturbed. As 10,000 people waited patiently, he took the time to dig through his cloth bag to find a trinket for the child who didn't seem all that impressed with him in the first place.
5. Love, he prefers the word "compassion," is not spontaneous. It's cultivated through practice. As it grows, compassion crowds out anger, bitterness, betrayal and selfishness. Attachment is easier and always fatal.
Monday, June 3, 2013
By Kirby Robinson
|Alan John Miller [AJ]|
is now Jesus Christ
Alan John Miller claims he is Jesus Christ and gal pal Mary Luck is his girlfriend Mary Magdalene. Now all we need is The Da Vinci Code's director, Ron Howard, author Dan Brown and star Tom Hanks. All of this is just one more bad bad thing.
We've been warned that as the end times get closer, there will be more and more people claiming to be Jesus Christ the returned. But nowhere does it say he'll come back to Australia with Mary Magdalene or be a former I.T. worker. Here's the brief story:
Do you know of a para-celeb, psychic, ghost hunter, demon chaser, or false teacher who’s eligible for the award? You can take part by sending us a name and why you think they should receive the BAD BAD THING award. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Keep current and follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/eyeonparanormal
EARN EXTRA MONEY! If you have a website, forum or blog you can set up an Amazon Associates Affiliate Program link and sell the Kindle version of NEVER MOCK GOD: AN UNAUTHORIZED INVESTIGATION INTO PARANORMAL STATE’S “I AM SIX” CASE [also in paperback!], INVESTIGATING PARANORMAL STATE, PARANORMAL STATE EXPOSED and PARANORMAL TEACHINGS: THE BEST OF SHEDDING SOME LIGHT and earn money. You can also sell other books and products that Amazon offers. Here's the link https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/