By Lisa Grace
All of my suppositions and experiences with the supernatural I view through the lens of the Holy Scriptures as being the correct view. So using the Scriptures for my beliefs on the supernatural, I have come to certain conclusions.
There are over four hundred mentions of angels and other creatures that populate heaven mentioned in the Holy Scriptures. Whole books have been written on the subject. What I’m doing here is mentioning the most obvious examples so you can see there is proof that a variety of angels, and thus demons, are working on Earth. These creatures work and appear in different ways in our lives.
1) There are a variety of supernatural creatures with distinct functions and personalities. The scriptures talk about the arch angel Michael, (1 Thess 4:16 and Jude 9, Rev 12:7, Dan 10:13,21); Seraphim which are warriors (Isaiah 6:2); messengers like Gabriel (found in Daniel 8:16, 9:21, Luke 1:19, 1:26); Cherubim, two types at least, four faced and two faced like the guards in front of the garden of Eden([NIV] Gen 3:24, Ex 25:18-22; transporters (wheels) like the ones that took Elijah and Enoch (Ez 1:16-21, 2 Kings 2:11); principalities, dominions, and powers, which may be a type that can possess rulers Col 1:16, Romans 8:38) We also know there are choirs of heavenly hosts (Luke 2:13-15) and armies.(Rev19:14, 19) The Bible also mentions the holy of holies, the beasts before the throne, (Rev 4:6) and the women.
The Nephilim and/or the giants (Gen 6:4, Numbers 13:33 mentioned in the first few books of the Holy Scripture appear to have been killed off.)
2) We know there are different ranks and a hierarchy of angels with various duties and responsibilities.
3) We know in the hierarchy, before Lucifer fell, that he was very high in the hierarchy. He was the first angel to sin through pride, and became the leader of the rebellion. (Isaiah 14:12)
4) In Jude 1:6 it seems to imply that the angel’s sin or part of it was coming to Earth. (the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation).
5) We know that 1/3 of the angels fell. It doesn’t tell us how many or what types.
6) I believe all supernatural happenings on Earth are tied to one of the types of angels or other supernatural creatures present in heaven. When the angels came, fell, fought, and rebelled, it wasn’t just one type of angel. That’s why on Earth they present themselves in different ways. Different paranormal experiences happen because they are caused by different types of fallen angels/creatures.
7) I believe hauntings (what people call ghosts) are really a type of supernatural creature that were originally created to do a repetitive action in Heaven. In Heaven we see the creatures that were created to worship and repeat the same phrases and actions.
8) I think poltergeists are more malevolent and tend to congregate with other supernatural beings.
9) There are demons capable of possession and destruction who roam around looking for victims. (Mark 5:12-13)
10) There are angels who encourage and tempt for specific sins. Maybe these are the very ones that brought them to earth in the first place.
11) The Bible is clear that there are several types of supernatural creatures that have power and dominion and are even addressed by those titles.
12) While we are still discovering how they work and finding means of detecting them, we are clearly told how to drive them out.
13) Not everyone is capable of driving them out. I recommend you call in those who have experience, are called, have a strong faith, and understanding of what they are dealing with. (Matthew 17:21, Mark 9:29)
14) It takes not just the power of our Savior’s name to drive some of them out, but faith, praying, and fasting too.
15) Just because you want to—doesn’t mean you can. Yes, you might be able to quiet them, but they’ll come back even worse than before or, you could be hurt. There are instances where would be exorcists, other believers came to the disciples, chastened by the very creatures they attempted to drive out. “The spirits will not know you if you were not called.” (Acts 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? Acts 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.)
16) I’ve been given the gift of discernment to write my books.
17) Theologians can speculate about the heavenly creatures, and some say we shouldn’t concern ourselves with them, but I have to politely disagree, because you are not off-limits to them. They do want to spiritually destroy those that aren’t under the saving grace of Yeshua, (Jesus). And for believers, they will work on tempting you away. If they tried to tempt Yeshua, they will work on tempting you. (Mat 4:10, 1Cr 5:5) If they know the Holy Scriptures better than you do, you don’t stand a chance, because you don’t have the tools (faith, knowledge, and protection) to deal with them.
18) To learn how angels work in our life today you can read my fictional series which is soon to be a movie by http://www.Motionpicturepro.com